Skip to content

How do I Obtain an EPA ID Number?

Federal regulations require large and small quantity generators of hazardous waste to obtain an EPA Identification (EPA ID) number using EPA Form 8700-12 and to submit the completed form to the authorized state agency or EPA regional office if the state is not authorized to implement the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act Subtitle C program. The full federal form, with instructions may be found here.

Please note that many authorized states have their own version of the 8700-12 form and may require its’ use. A full list of state contacts and addresses can be found here.

WTS Technical Service Professionals have worked with generators across the country in completing the forms and submitting them to the appropriate agencies. To discuss specifics in your state, please call a WTS Technical Services Representative at 716-754-5400, or you may submit your request via the contact us feature on our website.

Ask the Author a Question