WTS will continue to provide you with monthly updates on the new USEPA Electronic Hazardous Waste Manifest (Effective June 30 2018.) Follows some more information. Please feel free to contact your WTS Technical Service Representative if you have any questions on this matter. Here is a link to the official USEPA’s e-Manifest site: Click Here
- All current shippers of Hazardous Waste will be required to register into the USEPA e-Manifest program. (Registration for Individual companies in the e-Manifest program is not yet available at this time through USEPA) TSDF’s and transporters will be required to register as well. The registration will be company based (administrator controlled) and then individuals, i.e. anyone who can/will sign a manifest, will register under that company as denoted by EPA Identification Number.
- WTS will provide ”electronic signature ready” Manifests to you through LMwts. We will prepare the manifests in LMwts and transmit to the e-Manifest portal. At time of shipment, company representative will access the manifest(s) to be utilized through the e-Manifest portal, ensure completeness, ”sign” electronically, obtain transporter signature electronically and transmit through the e-Manifest portal to TSDF. TSDF will then transmit the executed copy to e-Manifest portal.
- Manifest information will be available to the general public within 90 days of shipment.
- The DOT will still requires that the offeror or shipper provide a paper copy of a shipping document to the transporter to meet Hazardous Materials shipping requirements. It is expected that a single paper copy of the e-Manifest will be utilized to meet this requirement.
- When utilizing the e-Manifest system, TSDF’s will no longer distribute manifest copies to states and generators. States may still require generators to submit copies to the individual state regulatory agency.
- A long term goal of the e-manifest program is to eventually replace the generators requirement to file a biennial report. As of now, the biennial reporting requirement is still in place. (2018 is a reporting year)