Cystic Fibrosis Virtual Fishing Tournament
2019 was a fantastic year for our tournament, raising over $100,000, as well as for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) with the FDA approval of Trikafta, a transformative milestone in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis.
Now, at a time of unprecedented hope and unrelenting determination to explore all opportunities that could lead to a cure and enhance lifesaving care, we ask that you continue supporting this year.
Our goal this year is to raise $50,000 and “Fish For a Cure” virtually for all people with CF!
We hope that you will participate in this unique experience and come together with your passion and conviction as you always do…year over year.
Gifts received this year will be in honor of Gary Ellis, founder of the Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series. Gary Ellis also inspired WTS to establish our WNY tournament ~ Lower Niagara Sport Fishing Challenge.
We know the virtual result will still be the same…fishing, fun and raise funds and awareness to help the CF cause. Looking forward to seeing all your you all virtually in September!
- Sunday through Sunday – September 13th – Sunday, September 20th, 2020
- Limited to a total of 6 hours of fishing that week? Do we do this?
- Scoring timeline – Monday, September 21st – Wednesday, September 23rd.
- Virtual Award Celebration – Thursday, September 22nd @ 6pm
To register for this one-of-a-kind Virtual Fishing Tournament, click here: facebook link
- $20 Registration fee per individual – cell phone is a mandatory field
- Preregister no later than Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
Sponsorship levels listed below:
To donate to this great cause, click here: https://events.cff.org/basseyewny/Donate
- Participants will go to their perspective fishing spots and fish
- When a fish is caught, the angler will take a picture of the fish next to a measuring unit and submit it to either the FB event page
- From there, the fisherman then releases the fish back into the water as part of the tournament’s catch and release emphasis
- You can have teams, but each individual will track their catch
- Participants need to follow the CDC, New York State and Cystic Fibrosis COVID guidelines (Prepare a separate document)
- CF – If fishing on a boat, participants must be from the same household